myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Sunday 8 January 2012

H is for........

............Hestia.

Hestia always makes herself known to me whenever there are difficulties on the home front.  Whenever the difficulties get too intense a sort of calming influence can be felt, by me, breaking through the dramas and tensions.  Sometimes I dream about a housekeeper at such times too and I always think of that as Hestia letting me know she is around us.

The kind of image I get of her is a calm, middle aged woman, not so much motherly, more of a housekeeper.  The closest I can describe her so you have an idea of what I mean is someone who looks a little like Lynda Bellingham - of the OXO ad fame.

As Hestia is Goddess of Hearth and Home I think this imagery I have suits her well.


lynda bellingham

No comments:

Post a Comment