myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Sunday 12 June 2011

Oak Month.



From June 10th to July 7th it is the Celtic month of the Oak.  This tree is associated with the element of fire and ruled by the sun.  Indeed, Litha falls within the Oak tree month, which sees the longest day of the year.
There are many Gods and Goddesses associated with this tree, particularly the Gods of thunder and lightning.

To me this tree represents strength and during this month we can cast spells for strength, protection, success and stability. good luck, health and healing, money, potency and good luck.
On a personal level I need to draw strength this month as there are one or two issues on the home front that need confronting.  My challenge for the month ahead will be to tackle these issues by drawing upon the energies of the grand oak tree to lend me strength and protection during what will undoubtedly be a difficult process.
Coupled with putting my life back together after losing two loved ones in four months and it isn't too difficult to understand why I need the strength that the oak offers.  As I move back out into the world after taking a break I may need to draw upon the oak's strength.  Going through such a tough time has left me feeling washed out and my energy severely depleted - my chronic illness has been particularly bad in recent weeks.  Of course the weather has played a part in me feeling so awful too.  Normally the weather doesn't bother me whatever it is doing - I am a real weather geek - with the only time I complain being when it is too hot, as I am asthmatic and I cannot breathe; also having arthritis means hot and humid weather plays havoc with my joints too.  But generally I am pretty easy going when it comes to the weather, but recently it has been so cold and damp up in Cumbria that I have felt even worse, not just physically but emotionally too.
So it seems that my energies are so low and need a boost and that's where the energies of the oak come in.



© 2011 Susan Park.  All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment