myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Friday 28 December 2012

Change for the New Year.

I've been struggling for quite a while now with the whole celebrating life like our ancestors, you know, following the Celtic Year sort of thing.
Having New Year at Samhain is the biggest sticking point for me. I've been accused of not being a real witch because I don't feel that this particular period of time is the new year.
Well, tough bananas to anyone who wants to label me as a bad witch, or say I'm not a real witch, I guess you're entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

I live in a modern society and new year, whether I like it or not, starts on January 1st. It makes sense for me I so many ways to begin my year at the beginning of the calendar year. I can still be my witchy self, I'm not letting anyone down.

2 comments:

  1. I don't follow 'Celtic' line of reasoning either. Especially as it is based on an agricultural lifestyle, which is changing due to climate change anyway. Urban witch here! I organize my year as it's convenient & sensible for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can start and finish as you wish....look at the UK financial year starting on April 5th!!!!

    Blessings Be, and have a good 2013

    ReplyDelete