myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Being kind to bees.

Over the past couple of years it has become apparent that our bees are in decline. The facts and figures are really quite sobering. This article http://ht.ly/4CAyb   gives an insight into the facts.  As part of my pledge to myself I thought it would be a great idea to see where I could help out in my own garden.  I already have an abundance of flowers and plants but I'm keen to see if they are bee friendly.  And I don't just wnat to stop there, I want to have a good look at my garden and see just how nature friendly it is.
That sounds very cliched, I know, but I'm finding in life that the cliched things have a tendency to be pretty accurate, so, my next challenge is to get my garden as natural as possible.  I'm going to start by making an inventory of everything I have in there and then seeing what I can do to make it more natural.

I also want to have a small area where I can make a fairy garden, whether or not I attract any fairies will remain to be seen, but I think I'm going to have a lot fun creating my fairy garden.  My garden used to be my haven but we have new folks in the neighbourhood and they are really rowdy, so we spent less time out there.  I want to change that and whilst I'm helping the bees and nature and attracting nature, I'm going to see what I can plant to ensure our privacy and maybe even drown out some of the noise from neighbouring properties.


© 2011 Susan Park.  All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment