myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Tuesday 17 January 2012

R is for ......

......Rhiannon.

When I started this project I thought I knew a fair amount about the many different Goddesses, but actually I don't.  I know enough about quite a few, and quite a lot about the two I "think" are most likely who I feel an affinity with - Demeter and Kali.
My not knowing isn't such a problem, after all, 366 days of witchery is all about me reconnecting with my witchy side.

So,  Rhiannon is a Celtic Goddess.  An Earth Goddess, her associated areas are Enchantments, Fertility, dreams, magick, horses, birds, and the Underworld.  My first instinct when I think about a Goddess who is associated with the Underworld is to think of her as a dark, seductive temptress.  But the image I get in my mind's eye of Rhiannon is at odds with that.  I imagine her to look similar to my friend's daughter, Katherine.  Katherine is animal mad and is interested in saving everything.  She gets really angry when any animal is hurt, even insects which she isn't particularly fond of.  Katherine is petite, with blond hair and blue eyes.  She is gently spoken and always laughing.

This is how I view Rhiannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment