myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Thursday 24 November 2011

Being thanfukl.

I think that everyone knows it is Thanksgiving in the USA today.  Here in the UK we don't have anything like that, which I personally think is a shame.  I get that we shouldn't need a specific day to feel thankful for anything but having that specific day reminds us to take time out and give thanks.  I am not in that particular camp, you know, the one where we get all arsey over Valentine's Day or Mother's/Father's Day etc.  Life is hectic for the majority of us whether we like it or not and we can all get caught up in that, so much so that we do forget to appreciate our loved ones or be thankful. 


For that very reason I am going to be giving thanks today for my family, the opportunities I have been given this year, for "stuff" that makes my life that little bit easier.  It isn't difficult to take a little time out to give thanks and whether we should do this more frequently is irrelevant, the important thing is to be thankful and show our appreciation.


No comments:

Post a Comment