myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Practice what you preach.

Belief and choice are big parts of witchcraft.  I have been considering them over the past couple of days.  They seem mundane when you consider the craft and what it is all about.  They are very relevant nonetheless.

Today I am thinking about practice.  What it is that I do, if not everyday then most days.  You see, I believe that to be a witch one has to practice the craft of a witch; whether that be divination, spellcasting, herb craft, the use of oils and potions.  You cannot just say you are a witch but then do nothing witchy.  That is my belief and I am sticking to it.

Also, as a practicing witch you have to take responsibility for what you do.  If someone wrongs you and you throw a little something back their way, then you have to face up to that.  I do not adhere to the Wiccan Rede as I am not a Wiccan.  However, I do think long and hard about what I do and what impact it is going to have on people.  I think about what I could do from a non magickal point of view and I twist and turn the problem over and over until I find the right solution for it.
If someone has a falling out with a friend, say because I have sent something their way because they have zapped me, then I accept that it is likely I am responsible for that.  You see, I believe in taking responsibility for my own actions and choices.

I do not and would not ever just send out a load of zizzy energy to a person indiscriminately.  I am quite a peaceful person believe it or not.  But I hate it when I get attacked - and boy can I tell whenever I have been - and I just want to settle the issue.

Proper, full on practice is a big part of my life, but it doesn't have to be complicated or elaborate.  It can be as  simple as blessing the new moon, or honouring the full moon.  Or making wishes at the new moon, or doing something ritualistic when the moon is full.  It is whatever is in your heart and feels right for you.

In the past I have many an argument with so-called witches because I have not done things the way they do.  In the end a lot of bad blood remained and we no longer speak, mainly because I would not back down over my beliefs and go with what they think is the right way.  You know what?  It doesn't even matter.  It is what is right for you, and what is right for me is not necessarily right for someone else, but I don't make a big song and dance about these things.  Personally I don't really care if another witch wears a robe, or dances under the moonlight naked.  I don't care what she gets up to as long as she is - or he - is true to herself.

At the end of the day that is what it is all about, practising what is in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment